Friday, May 13, 2005

WOO HOO! It's Friday the 13th. Isn't that great!

Another Friday the thirteenth has rolled around! Isn't that great! Friday the thirteenth is a day that is traditionally lucky for me. I was called Anthony Adverse when I was a child. Ha ha. It seems that I had oppositional disorder for quite some time. So anyway instead of trisdecaphobia, I welcome Friday the 13ths with open arms...except for the movies. After a while they all blur together. It was cool to see Bess Myerson beheaded. No one today even knows who Bess Myerson is. It was cool to see a very young Kevin Bacon's abdomen violated from underneath the bed with an arrow while he is regrouping from doing the wild thing and of course it has given a whole new meaning to hockey masks, but other than that, as I said, they all just blurr together, as movies that is.

The actual Friday the 13th had even more significance as I grew older. It seems at one time in my life I was involved with an irreverent Post Industrial band named PsychoNurse. Some of it's bigger claims to fame were that it played more times at CBGB's than it practiced. It had a song in the top ten in Poland. And one of the members of Metallica mentioned on MTV that PsychoNurse was his favorite band. They were VERY ahead of their time and today would have been a commercial success instead of being the pavestone to the present that they were back then. But I digress.....Roxanne, Head Nurse and prime motivating factor for the band was quite fond of having Friday the 13th parties. They were nothing short of phenomenal and one was someone if they were invited to attend. There were many a Friday the 13th gone by that I have no recollection of, but know I had an ungodly good time as well as awakened with BRAIN ROT, which incidentally was the name of the song the nurses opened every show with. They did appear with Morton Downey Jr once on his show with the loud mouth. He was the pavestone from which Jerry Springer, Oprah, and Jenny Jones became the beaten path. I will devote a whole seperate post to Psychonurse someday and detail them in the horror they deserve, but as for today I am off to swill some frothing slosh in the name of their supershocking memory.

Cheers! Oh and....Bottoms up! Ha ha ha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look foward to more Psycho Nurse Reflections. It was a Great Band. Yes, Today, they would be a Big Commercial Success.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home